Monday, October 24, 2005

There’s hope for Ahmedabad yet!

This morning a nice young lady came by to discuss what she’d read on my blogs, to talk about how she and the organisation she works with – The Center for Environment Education – could get Ahmedabad conscious of the harm plastic bags are doing. I was thrilled. I’d given up on my own home town (shame on me!) and she reminded me that there’s no need to. That thinking and concerned folks do exist right here. I blame myself for not having thought of the people and resources that Ahmedabad has. The CEE in itself represents an immediate and potent force for change. Thank you, Vinutha, for stopping by. I enjoyed discussing the issue with her and I’m sure we can put some of the fun stuff we discussed into action soon. She’s asked me to put together an article on how ecological action can become relevant to businesses here and I’m going to have a blog up on that in a couple of days. Watch, as they say, this space!

No comments: